Wednesday, September 17, 2014

CELL PHONE CALL? YOU'RE KIDDING??--RUNNING CARTOON OF THE WEEK

Have you ever seen this happen during a race?

Maybe so, but did the person actually answer the phone while running? 

I have a friend who told me this happened during the Nashville Marathon. The phone of a runner a few yards ahead of him rang. The guy answered it while trying to keep pace. Apparently, his wife had called him. She didn't realize he was still out on the course struggling to finish the race. She wanted him to stop by the grocery store on the way home to pick up a few things.

Last December when I was in the middle of preaching a sermon my cell phone dinged. That was unusual. I stopped, pulled out the phone and noticed I had just received a text: YOUR DAUGHTER IS ABOUT TO GIVE BIRTH TO YOUR FOURTH GRANDSON. GET TO THE HOSPITAL! My congregation wanted to know what was going on. When I told them, they insisted I leave immediately for the hospital. I think they wanted me to be there when Charlie was born, but then again, maybe they didn't want to hear any more of that sermon.

Happy running,

Joe C. Ellis

No comments:

Post a Comment