Saturday, February 15, 2014

RUNNING CARTOON OF THE WEEK -- ENERGY RETURN SHOES


Does anybody out there wear energy return shoes? How do you like them?

Training for a spring marathon (Toledo Glass City Marathon), I should check into them. Yesterday we ran a 14-miler at 7:54 per mile. The pace felt easy for the first ten, but then the joints began to ache and the energy had drained completely out by mile 12. I finished the run, but man was I tired. Next week we are trying a 16-miler: 14 at 7:40 and 2 easy.

Makes me wonder if energy return shoes may help. If you have any insight into this, comment here or let me know on your running club's Facebook page.

Hope you like my cartoon. I'm going to try to put one up once a week or so. Being an art teacher comes in handy sometimes!

Happy training,

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment